Our planning trip has turned out very well. In fact better than we expected.
To date we have:
– Confirmed with Commonwealth Graves Commission that we can play at both Ortona and Cassino Cemeteries. They will work with Veterans Affairs and the media on our behalf.
– Hotel accommodation has been confirmed for the Rome portion of the trip. This is a four star hotel and all of the group will be staying in the same hotel.
– Waiting for confirmation from hotels in Naples, Venice, Florence, Assissi and Pescara for availability. Due to the large size of anticipated group more than one hotel will be required in each Center. Our contacts indicate finding hotel space will be no problem.
– Coaches and local guides are all booked.
– Guided tours of Rome are arranged and free time will also be arranged.
– Working with Vatican officials to finalize details for Papal audience.
– Package price will include airfare, all tours, coaches, city taxes, gratuities, accommodation, and 12 breakfasts (American breakfast buffet), 3 lunches and 12 dinners.
Due to high tourist season we have had to adjust our travel dates as follows.
Leave Toronto, Sunday, September 20th and fly home from Venice Saturday, October 3rd.
Very shortly we should have the total cost of the package and a finalized itinerary.
In addition we are putting together an add on for those interested. The price will be in addition to the tour package outlined above. It would include coach transportation from Venice to Vienna, Austria for two nights as well as visits to Strasbourg and a final stop in Munich for two days. Price will include hotels, accommodation and some meals. Flights back to Canada will be from Munich, Germany. Price of this package will be available shortly along with more details of itinerary.
Hopefully this information helps you with your planning for Italy 2020.
Pipes and Drums of Canada